Let's consider the basic concepts of electronic document management.
Electronic Document Management (EDM)
– the uniform mechanism on work with the documents presented in electronic form, with concept realisation “paperless office-work”.
The electronic document (ED)
– the document created by means of means of computer processing of the information which can be signed the electronic digital signature (EDS) and is kept on the machine carrier in the form of a file of a corresponding format.
The Electronic digital signature (EDS)
– the analogue of the autographic signature which is a protection frame of the information, providing possibility of the control of integrity and acknowledgement of authenticity of electronic documents.
Let's consider an estimation efficiency as relations of result to expenses
Apparently from the given definition to raise efficiency of activity of the organisation it is possible at least two ways: reducing expenses and-or increasing result. Good systems of electronic document management allow to realise both variants. Speaking in images, introduction of such systems gives the chance to the organisation to spend less and to earn more. We will consider, first of all, the factors promoting decrease of expenses:
- the factor 1 – Reduction of expenses for paper documents;
- the factor 2 – Reduction of unproductive expenses of working hours of employees;
- the factor 3 – Acceleration of information streams;
- the factor 4 – Change of corporate culture.
For an estimation of possible economic benefit of introduction of system of electronic document management it is necessary to know, employees of the organisation spend what time for performance of routine, unproductive operations over documents. According to estimations of the western consulting companies, the share of such operations can make to 20-30% of all working hours. Everyone who though time tried to coordinate any document in the Russian bureaucratic organisations, knows that on it can leave and 60 and 70% of working hours. Exact enough representation about such expenses can be received, having conducted research of existing document management and having measured corresponding indicators.
Main principles of electronic document management:
- the developed system of the reporting under various statuses and attributes of the documents, allowing to supervise movement of documents on processes of document management and to make administrative decisions, being based on the data from reports;
- the unitary registration of the document allowing unequivocally to identify the document in any installation of given system;
- possibility of parallel performance of the operations, allowing to reduce time of movement of documents and increase of efficiency of their execution;
- a continuity of movement of the document, allowing to identify responsible for a performance of a document (problems) during each moment of time of a life of the document (process);
- uniform (or coordinated distributed) base documentary information, allowing to exclude possibility of duplication of documents;
- effectively organised system of search of the document, allowing to find the document, possessing the minimum information on it.
Let's consider the primary goals solved by systems of document management in the organisation, performing design works
Document management systems usually take root to solve the certain problems facing to the design organisation from which most often there is following:
- maintenance more efficient control at the expense of the automatic control of performance, a transparency of activity of all organisation at all levels of performance of design works;
- support of the monitoring system of the quality corresponding to the international norms, for maintenance of level of performance of design works at high level;
- support of effective accumulation, management and access to the information and knowledge. Maintenance of personnel flexibility for the account greater formalisations of activity of each employee and possibility of storage of all background of performance of design works;
- recording of activity of the organisation performing design works, in whole (internal office investigations, the analysis of activity of departments, revealing “flashpoints” in activity);
- optimisation of performance of design works, automation of the mechanism of their performance and the control;
- an exception or the greatest possible reduction of a turn of paper design documents in the organisation. Economy of resources at the expense of reduction of costs on management of flows of documents in the design organisation;
- an exception of necessity or essential simplification and reduction in price of storage of paper design documents at the expense of presence of operative electronic archive.
The Major factors influencing the decision on a choice of system:
- requirements on storage volume. If at you it is a lot of documents (on storage volume), it is necessary to choose the system supporting hierarchical structural storage (HSM – Hierarchal Storage Management). This mechanism stores the most actively used data on the fastest, but also the most expensive carriers while the used information automatically is more rare is transferred on slow and cheap carriers.
- Presence of the formalizable procedures demanding support of their performance and automation of the control (preparation of documents of certain type, performance of standard functions of the organisation etc.).
- Necessity of automation of administration managerial control by the organisation. Degree of complexity of organizational structure.
- Presence of territorially distributed divisions. This factor imposes certain requirements to remote access, to replication given etc.
- Presence of paper archive of great volume. Some systems of document management are delivered with already integrated subsystems of mass input of documents.
- Presence of system of document management not satisfying to current requirements.
- Necessity for the developed routeing of documents, for management of streams of works (workflow managing). As continuation of this necessity – requirement for support of any business processes probably working together with applied systems of support of these processes.
- Requirements on periods of storage of documents. At the big periods of storage (ten years) it is necessary to think seriously of the organisation of parallel archive on microfilms.
- Requirements to “opennesses” expansibility of system. Possibility of integration with existing information systems and uses of the available equipment.
- Necessity of storage of images of documents. Use in the organisation of specific formats of storage of documents. Necessity of support of engineering and design problems and other features of performance of design works.
- Necessity of the developed means of information search. Complete support by system of languages of documents available in the organisation.
- Requirements to safety (enciphering, the access organisation etc.). Possibility of use already available in an information infrastructure of the design organisation of mechanisms of access in document management system.
- Requirements on conformity to certain standards: internal, branch, GOST, to the international standards on quality assurance, level of the organisation of storage of the information.
Let's consider problems of introduction of system of document management
There are the general practically for any organisations of a problem which should be solved at realisation, introduction and support of systems of electronic document management. We will list the cores from them:
- Conservatism of the personnel, low erudition, unwillingness to be trained and retrained. Fear of a transparency of own activity for a management which arises after introduction of system of electronic document management.
- The factor of the director “The soviet type” – unwillingness directly to work with the computer, to look through and edit documents.
- Constant structural changes in the organisation, weak formalisation of business processes.
- Necessity of maintenance of a validity of documents (after an adoption of law about a digital signature this factor will start to lose the importance).
- Necessity to co-operate with external “paper” the world, in particular if it concerns parallel structures in the associate organisations or departments with which there is a permanent job.
We give an overview of market solutions for document management companies to “1C” Aplana, Cognitive Technologies, Directum, DocsVision, Naumen, Paybot LLC, UpScale Soft, “Euromanagement”, “Интертраст”, ЛАНИТ, “Летограф”, “Electronic office systems” estimated under following characteristics:
1. Strategy of the company in the field of management of documents: a circle of solved problems, categories of clients, model of work with partners and clients, geography of interests, the technological policy.
2. Changes in the Russian market of control facilities documents for last year on a company-developer operational experience.
3. Key directions of development of the company-developer: technologies, products, marketing (last year).
Besides, the companies were offered to give the short description of products present in the market.
Let's consider the offer from “1C” – a product: “1C:Archive”
Universal control system of documents for the organisation of the centralised storehouse and collective work with documents both on a local network, and through the Internet. Has no branch specificity, it is suitable for use both in small, and in the large organisations.
Scalability level – from one user to 700, from tens documents to a half-million; total volume of documents – to 0.5 Tbyte. The three-level architecture the client-server, thin and the Web-client, the centralised storehouse, support Microsoft SQL of all versions, works only under control of Windows. Are available API and technology of integration with “1C:Enterprise” all versions.
Let's consider the offer from Aplana
1. The company is engaged in software workings out; among its key products – “BOSS-REFERENT” the system of electronic document management focused on problems of a management. The system is created on platform IBM Lotus. For today platform Lotus is not restriction for a choice of system the organisations in which as corporate mail it is used Microsoft Outlook. Presence of the full-function Web-interface allows to organise work in system on any server platforms. Clients “BOSS-REFERENT” – the large and average, mainly territorially distributed organisations. Introductions are carried out by experts Aplana or the company-partner.
2. Obvious growth of demand for a product is visible. The large and average organisations from the state, financial and trading-industrial sectors became our new clients. Besides public sector we observe demand from outside high schools which make the special demands to EDM. The organisations choose ours EDMfor automation of administrative document management. Thus the companies plan to automate both office-work, and electronic archive, but in the second turn. The second tendency – aspiration as soon as possible to introduce system and accordingly to receive result. The third tendency in the big degree is influenced by globalisation of the market which pushes the companies to merges, to absorption and is simple to expansion. Thereof to heads of actively developing companies important that the system has allowed to unite remote branches and divisions and guaranteed worked in the distributed environment.
3. The permanent job in a direction of improvement of the user interface is conducted. In the plan for development of adaptability to manufacture of system working out of means of support of format BPL (Business Process Language) has begun. “BOSS-REFERENT” also develops towards branch decisions. In the field of marketing we do two basic accents: expansion of partnership and direct sales.
Let's consider a product “BOSS-referent” 3.1.3 from Aplana
Appointment: system of automation of the administrative document management, intended for the large and average companies of the state and commercial sectors. Ideology of a product: a combination of the ready adjusted decision and the designer. A range of projects – from 20 to 65 thousand workplaces, the average size of the project in TOP15 – from 300 to 1500 workplaces. Base technologies: Lotus Domino, Lotus Domino Designer, Lotus Workflow Architect.
Let's consider the offer from Cognitive Technologies
1. The company has a set of decisions in the field of management of the documents, covering such areas, as electronic archives, systems of electronic document management, system of input of documents from paper carriers, information-analytical systems, control systems of the is standard-help information etc. In “box” company products own workings out, and in design decisions if it is necessary, – and tools of other software producers along with own are used only. For the advancement software Cognitive Technologies uses the partner channel – more than 150 companies having different statuses in respect of granting of services: delivery, introduction, training and support.
2. The last year has confirmed opinion that branch specificity as that at control systems of documents is not present. At the same time there is a general contour of the problems connected with document management, in any companies, and it is possible to lean against it by preparation of standard configurations (typical offers) systems. Moving to this direction, in 2007 Cognitive Technologies has let out a software package “Fast start” for system “Euphrates-Document Management”. In large business and the state structures intellectual automation becomes even more often demanded. In the field of management of documents it is expressed in more intellectual work with contents of documents that provides close integration of the appendix with business processes of the customer. Mechanisms are required “understanding” documents as management and work with documents are based on their maintenance. Experience of introduction of control systems by documents in large business serves as the catalyst of their distribution in a segment of the average enterprises, and already then the best and accessible experts are added to the arsenal by a small-scale business.
3. In plans of the company for 2008 – the further escalating of intellectual power of decisions and their introduction at the large enterprises and in the state structures. At work with small and average business Cognitive Technologies sees the problem in creation of typical mechanisms of integration of control systems by documents with other information systems (ERP, CRM etc.)
Let's consider a product “Euphrates-Document Management” 12.2 from Cognitive Technologies
The complex decision for the organisation of electronic document management at the enterprise for the purpose of automation of work with documents in conformity both with requirements of traditional office-work, and with management modern lines (technology workflow). The system is intended for document management automation in public authorities, the companies of small and average business, scientific and educational institutions, at the industrial enterprises.
The system is delivered with built in DBMS “Ника”. Recommended quantity of simultaneously working users in “box” a system variant – no more than 250. In design decisions system “Euphrates-Document Management” can be realised on platforms DBMS Microsoft SQL or Oracle. In this case the number of simultaneously working users depends on restrictions DBMS and capacity of hardware maintenance.
We will consider product Cognitive Forms Network 2007
The program complex is intended for automation of process of mass input and processing of the same paper documents of printing and hand-written filling (the invoice, certificates, unprofitable, questionnaires, receipts, declarations, payment commissions, statements etc.). The complex provides streaming scanning, sorting, recognition, the filling control, verification and export of the data to information systems.
Complex Cognitive Forms Network can be integrated with various information systems (ERP, EDM, HRM, etc.) at the most different enterprises. The scale of its use depends only on capacity of applied hardware maintenance. In practice modes with number simultaneously working from several persons to hundreds operators are realised.
Let's consider the offer from Directum
1. Activity Directum is based on the concept in which the basic directions of the further development of products of the company are formulated: rapprochement of mechanisms of work with paper and electronic documents, the maximum simplification of work of heads with system, simplification of process of entering of documents in system, simplification of process of an exchange by electronic documents between the various organisations, trust increase from outside users to system of electronic document management. The partner network totals about 70 companies which are engaged in sale and introduction of system Directum, and also working out of branch decisions.
2. For last year interest to automation systems from outside banks has sharply increased. Are still active in this respect and the enterprises of oil and gas branch which traditionally big budgets and competent management allow to develop according to modern technologies. Scales of projects have grown, as complex automation of everything, including specific business processes is necessary to the companies. In these conditions box decisions fade into the background, though keep the importance for the small companies. Development of the Russian workings out goes according to requirement of the companies-customers to automate a maximum quantity of business processes and to provide a uniform information field. It is reached at the expense of development of such characteristics of systems, as presence of high-grade storehouse of a content, mechanisms of management by a content, including maintenance of high-grade process workflow, with possibility of automation of specific business processes. All it should be combined with high scalability.
3. One of directions of a marketing policy of the company – development of a partner network. More and more attention it is given to those partners which besides sales and introduction are capable to offer technological workings out for the purpose of updating and system integration, can give custom-made decisions. The basic changes in last version of system Directum 4.5 have been directed on development of principles of management by a content, the mechanism of input and transformation of documents, and also on working out connectors for integration of systems and perfection of the user interface.
Let's consider product Directum 4.5 from Directum
The system of electronic document management and management of interaction is aimed at increase of an overall performance of all employees of the organisation in different areas of their joint activity. System Directum corresponds to concept Enterprise Content Management and supports full life cycle of management by the documents, thus traditional “paper” office-work is organically entered in electronic document management. Directum provides the effective organisation and the control of business processes on the basis of technology workflow: the coordination of documents, processing of difficult orders, preparation and carrying out of meetings, support of a cycle of sales and other processes of interaction.
Circle of clients: the average and large enterprises.
The system is presented in the market since 2003 At present with it works about 300 companies. The quantity of the automated workplaces fluctuates in a range from 30 to 1200. At automation of separate business processes (for example, office-works) the number of workplaces can be less than 10. There is a successful experience of integration Directum with systems ERP, managements of the personnel, managements of projects, portals. Base technologies: Microsoft Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista, Microsoft SQL 2005, IIS 6.0.NET Framework. Together with system built in programming language ISBL is delivered.
Let's consider the offer from DocsVision
1. Company DocsVision develops the product with the same name as a platform of creation of decisions for management of documents and business processes of any organisation. Simultaneously with it the platform became a kernel of numerous partner and our own decisions of a different orientation – from vertical (intended for concrete branch, model of office-work or model of key group of business processes) to horizontal, giving the common decisions for any enterprises. The today's target client is the enterprise or the organisation with number of users of system of document management from 200 to 1000 and more, located compactly or distributed. But there is also a set of successful introductions in the companies from 10-30 users. DocsVision supports vendor model of work with the market: partners are engaged in sales of licences and system introduction exclusively. At the company more than 100 partners practically in all regions of Russia and in the near abroad, including the Baltic States. In plans – an exit on the European and world markets.
2. In the market there is an active development of a theme of document management by the average companies which have realised that document management is is achievable and, the main thing, is very useful not only for huge corporations or separate branches (such, as banks), but also for any “the normal enterprise”. Besides, it is possible to note occurrence of clients, the interested not document management, and automation of key business processes, for example, contractual process, payment, etc. Growth of inquiries about custom-made decisions is observed, and with possibility further to develop and modify them is independent. Probably, it is connected with expansion of a share of the commercial enterprises among consumers of document management and process management. IT-budgets of customers grow, including in connection with mass legalisation of platforms, possession cost the concrete business appendix decreases, at many world players appear localised (not only in sense of language of the interface) versions, and in this plan we already regularly face in tenders world leaders – for example with Documentum.
3. Last year there was new version DocsVision 4.0. Besides expansion of functionality in it there was support Windows Workflow Foundation in a control system of processes.
Let's consider a product: DocsVision 4.0 from DocsVision
Platform of creation of decisions for management of documents and business processes of any organisation. The system is calculated on the average and sredne-large enterprises.
From the point of view of the size of the companies-clients the disorder is very great – from 10 places to several thousand. Today typical introduction is 200-500 users, realisation of base office-work and management of several (from three to five) key business processes.
Base platform there is platform Microsoft in the broad sense of the word: not only SQL Server, but also SharePoint, Windows Workflow Foundations and other products. It is our position of principle for today – to be the supplier of the best decisions for the Microsoft-focused clients.
Let's consider the offer from Naumen
1. The company is guided in projects by automation of the business processes raising competitiveness of clients more and more. The basic branches using it software: banks, the telecommunication companies, the industrial enterprises, public authorities. The company is focused on formation of the partner network capable independently to carry out serious projects.
2. Increase in scale of projects, increase of requirements to reliability of system and to quantity of systems with which document management is integrated. If to speak about a situation in the document management market the input threshold on it new domestic players in view of high level of the systems presented in the market which become every year more and more reliable constantly raises and increase functionality. Pressure of the global market annually amplifies, but accrues smoothly, and it is not necessary to speak about sudden occurrence of variety of new suppliers of decisions.
3. Two years ago there was a product of new generation for document management automation – system Naumen DMS. It is realised on Java, can work as in Windows environment, and Linux, supports work with DBMS Oracle and Microsoft SQL. For our product has come it is time “a golden mean” when the decision, on the one hand, is checked up by time, and with another – is based on last concepts: architecture service-focused (SOA) and language of the description of business processes BPEL. Analyzing our marketing actions, we have come to a conclusion that mass marketing of badly justifies, and is considerable the big advantage target work with potential clients brings.
Let's consider a product: NauDoc 3.4 from Naumen
Document management automation on averages and small enterprises and in divisions of the large companies for the decision of specific targets. The basic branches using the decision: the operating companies, the industrial enterprises, the state organisations of municipal scale, banks and the insurance companies. Since spring of 2007 the product is delivered under the licence open source (free of charge).
Minimum quantity of users – five, maximum – 250, typical quantity of the active users working in the organisation with NauDoc, – 20-30 persons. The client and server part of system works under control of OS Windows, Linux, Sun Solaris, FreeBSD, Mac OS. The Database – objective ZoDB, working out language – Python, an appendix server – Zope, a client part – a browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla, Firefox, Netscape).
Let's consider product Naumen DMS 2.0 from Naumen
Automation of business processes and document management in the large companies. A minimum quantity of users – 50, maximum – 2000.
The client and server part of system works under control of OS Windows, Linux, Sun Solaris, DBMS – Oracle, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL. Working out language – Java, an appendix server – Tomсat, Oracle AS, a client part – a Web-browser.
Let's consider the offer from Paybot LLC
1. In the Russian market the company advances the decision in the field of management of documents and business processes – system of electronic document management PayDox. Regional partners independently are engaged in introduction of system at customers.
2. The client base of the company all extends at the expense of the average and small companies more considerably. More and more clients get only a box (licences) and introduce system independently; many load system from a site, independently establish and adjust. The competition is felt obviously, but only in case of big customers, in sector of its small-scale business practically is not present. The market of small customers, on the one hand, is not very ready yet to introduction of such corporate products as systems of electronic document management, and on the other hand, and suppliers on it it is a little. However the tendency to expansion of a circle of small customers is quite visible.
3. Features of product “PayDox Electronic Document Management” covers also adjacent areas – management of collective work and management of business processes.
Let's consider a product “PayDox Electronic Document Management and Collective Work” v 2.5 from Paybot LLC
The corporate portal realised on the basis of Web-technologies using electronic document management as tool base with a wide set of standard functions necessary for everyone enterprise and unlimited possibilities of expansion and integration.
Let's consider the offer from UpScale Soft
1. The company is engaged in development and system OPTiMA-WorkFlow advancement. Work with clients and partners includes sale of licences on OPTiMA-WorkFlow, introduction, system delivery “turnkey” training of employees, “a hot line” different levels of support and updating software, joint with partners product advancement in five regions of Russia, in Ukraine, in Kazakhstan and Latvia.
2. The tendency of creation of uniform systems – formation of a uniform information field for all divisions and geographically remote branches, introduction of uniform business rules, processes and a policy of work with documents. EDM is integrated with all existing systems.
3. Development directions: average and large customers, projects duration from one till three years; work with partners in product advancement in the Russian regions, in Ukraine, in Kazakhstan and Latvia.
Let's consider a product: OPTiMA-WorkFlow 1.19 from UpScale Soft
System of confidential electronic document management. Appointment – automation of business processes of the enterprise. The circle of clients is extensive and various – from the companies of a small-scale business to large state customers. Used base technologies and platforms: DBMS Microsoft SQL Server 2000/2005, Oracle.
Let's consider the offer from “Euromanagement” – a product: Escom.doc 2.0.2
Automation of simple and difficult processes of document management; management of full life cycle of the document; the automated control of a performance of documents, resolutions, commissions; management of collective interaction; creation of a uniform information field. The product has no branch specificity, is suitable both for small, and for the large organisations.
The system is completely scaled, quantity of the equipped workplaces equally 500.
Escom.doc – class system workflow. As a database server can act Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle. The client part of system represents a Windows application 2000 and above. For the organisation of remote access Web-server Apache is used.
Let's consider the offer from “ИнтерТраст”
1. The company is engaged in system engineering of documentary maintenance of the management, solving following problems: automation of the business processes connected with work with documents, electronic archive of documents, quality management systems, directory systems, systems of collective work, support of decision-making and management of knowledge. Categories of clients: bank and credit and financial sector (20%), the enterprises of a fuel and energy complex (15%), the enterprises of sphere of telecommunications (15%), transport agencies (15%), the industrial enterprises (10%), the state enterprises and the organisations (15%), the commercial organisations and the international companies (10%). The basic direction of development of business of the company is connected with development. Partners share on authorised and the competence centers. In the first case the pilot project carries out “ИнтерТраст” And the partner participates in the pilot project and is engaged further in system duplicating on branches, its technical support and development. The competence centers (their five) conduct introduction projects independently.
2. The spectrum of clients remained former, demand from outside the industrial enterprises most dynamically grows. The obvious tendency to increase in quantity of established workplaces already in a phase of the pilot project. Active connection of systems of electronic document management of branches to head office of the customer. Creation of systems “through” electronic document management. Strengthening of requirements to quality of the organisation of works, application by the executor in the work of modern techniques of management as the project and supports of systems (PM and ITIL), expansion of requirements to functionality. Expansion of a circle of solved problems: quality management, process management, integration with adjacent information systems, mobile workplaces, full-function electronic archives. A parity “ready” and “custom-made” decisions – 80/20. Market globalisation yet is not felt. New, strong players within a year have not found out.
3. Wider application as a server platform Linux and IBM AIX. Gradual transformation of architecture CompanyMedia in direction SOA. An exit of the new version CompanyMedia R.3.3 and and AF-WorkFlow R.1.2.
Let's consider products OfficeMedia R.5.5 and CompanyMedia R.3.3 from “ИнтерТраст”
Universal system of electronic document management, automation of business processes and archival storage of electronic documents. OfficeMedia it is focused on small enterprises and local offices: from one to 250 workplaces, to 100 thousand documents a year on one database. System CompanyMedia is calculated on the average and vast scale enterprises working in territorially distributed environment.
At correct distribution of loading between servers of restrictions on number of workplaces and volume of documents is not present. Really maintained systems have following characteristics: from 50 to 10 thousand workplaces, to 3 million documents a year on one database.
Let's consider the offer
1. Strategy of CHEEKS in the field of management of documents consists in offering customers the decisions balanced on set of indicators – to possibilities of flexible adjustment, rates of introduction, the introduction and possession cost, distracted on system introduction to corporate resources. On a basis LanDocs the company and its partners realise the finished decisions of business problems.
2. Scales of projects (including the projects which are carried out by partners) steadily increase. Requirements to quality of delivered decisions, quality of technical service grow also. More and more projects provides integration of control systems by documents into corporate information system of the customer. Growth of requirement for document management automation not as auxiliary, and as basic production (examples is felt: reference processing in bank behind the credit, activity of the state registrars, etc.).
Let's consider a product: LanDocs 2.4.9 from CHEEKS
Technological platform for construction of the finished decisions of business problems of a certain class (it is concrete Document-Centric Business Processes Management, or document management automation). Major customers – the large and average companies (the enterprises, establishments) in the state and private sectors.
In practice of the company and its partners – projects from 10 to 3000 workplaces (the average size of the project from ТОП15 – more than 1000 workplaces).
Used base technologies and platforms: DBMS – Oracle, Microsoft SQL. Integration with e-mail (the specialised e-e-client) – Microsoft Outlook, Lotus Notes. Web-services are realised on a basis Microsoft.NET. OLE-server interfaces are given to developers of appendices. Integration with means of cryptographic protection of the information various manufacturers, including “КриптоПро CSP” “ЛанКрипто” Microsoft, products of the Kazakh and Belarus developers.
Let's consider the offer from “Летограф”
1. The company “Летограф” offers the complex approach to automation of problems of management by documents. Thus it is necessary to imagine, in what frameworks of business processes move documents to consider business requirements and an existing IT-infrastructure. By means of system “Летограф” it is possible to solve both traditional problems of document management, and specific to the concrete company. Flexibility of adjustment of system assumes possibility of automation of business processes of any complexity. The architecture of system is that that its introduction does not demand change of a program code – all projects are realised by means of options. During system use it is possible to make changes to options according to changes of business and even to increase features without purchase of the additional decision. The partner network of the company to Russia and the CIS totals more than 30 companies. “Летограф” together with partners carries out projects “turnkey”.
2. Within a year monthly there were new versions of system “Летограф” the system has replenished with the new functions raising its efficiency and expanding a scope. New possibilities of integration are added. Improvement of integration of system with the tool for the description and modelling of business processes became the most interesting innovation “Letograf Bonaparte”.
Let's consider a product: “Летограф”
The complex decision both standard, and specialised problems of management of documents, automation of business processes and integration of corporate appendices. System “Летограф” it is used in the companies of the different size and various branches, by means of standard means it is adjusted according to specificity of branch and the concrete organisation.
System “Летограф” it is constructed on a technological platform of manufacture of company InterSystems and uses integration platform Ensemble. In it the Web-focused architecture is realised. For streaming input and processing of paper documents products and technologies of company Abbyy are used. The system is compatible to the majority of modern program platforms.
Let's consider the offer from “Electronic Office Systems”
1. The company is guided by creation of a ruler of the duplicated (box) software products which are ensuring functioning with documents in electronic and electronic paper document management throughout all life cycle. Company products equally successfully work at the enterprises of almost all vertical markets and the most different scale (from small offices with one workplace to corporate or departmental systems from tens thousand users). The company conducts as direct sales of software products and the services connected with them (including realisation of projects), and sales through a partner network. A technological basis of products of the company both now and in the near future remains Microsoft.NET and DBMS Microsoft SQL or Oracle, the latest working out is realised in the environment of MOSS.
2. The market develops quickly enough, but – anyway while – it is not avalanche. We estimate its growth in 25-30% for a year (cost of software and the services connected with it means). Own growth of the company – about 40%. Thus the gain of sales of ready decisions makes 100%. Among tendencies it is possible to name the following:
– increase in scale before the begun projects: growth of number of workplaces and the divisions included in system of document management;
– growth of demand for Web-decisions (instead of client-server);
– growth of demand for decisions for scanning;
– integration with other appendices which are used at customers;
– change of a parity of sales of ready and custom-made decisions in favour of ready;
– growth of requirements to adaptability to manufacture of decisions;
– growth of interest to legally significant decisions, to the international and domestic standards in the field of document management;
– growth of the regional markets. Serious new players in the market for last year have not appeared, aggravations of a real competition is not observed, serious breaks in functionality of the systems presented in the market, – too. As to structure of clients in 2007 growth of number of the large companies among customers proceeded is a tendency of last several years. But the quantum leap has occurred in average and small-scale business sphere. For the last year the number of clients from commercial sector – mainly industrial, industrial, financial, trading companies even more has increased.
– expansion of a grocery ruler for coverage of all life cycle of the document. Besides the system providing current work with documents (“Business”), products for work with the documents transferred in archive of the organisation (re let out “Archival business”) and state/municipal archive (“Archival fund”).
The first version of essentially new product – toolkit for creation of systems of automation of the dokumento-focused business processes eDocLib 2, on a number of the functional properties not having direct analogues in the market is let out. The product realised completely in the new and advanced environment – on portal platform MOSS 2007 is prepared for release. The serious trend towards the Web-decisions supplementing or completely replacing client-server technology Takes place. Workings out are conducted taking into account domestic and international standards.
The most part of projects and sales has moved from the center to regions. There is more active marketing work on advancement of our decisions in the certain vertical markets, and also in an average and small-scale business segment.
Let's consider a product eDocLib 2.1 from “Electronic Office Systems”
eDocLib – a corporate server of processing of documents of the new generation, intended for storage, ordering and collective access to electronic documents. eDocLib 2.1 is the system realised on a platform Microsoft.NET, having three-level architecture and functioning in a network the Internet/intranet.
Let's consider a product “Business” 8.9 from “Electronic Office Systems”
Industrial system of automation of office-work and the electronic document management, supporting full life cycle: from working out and the coordination of projects of documents before their write-off in business. The system provides automation of classical (paper) office-work, and also transition to bumazhno-electronic and to completely electronic document management.
Scalability of system “Business” – from one to tens thousand workplaces. For today over 1200 customers and more than 150 thousand users apply its software products.
Let's consider a product “Archival business” from “Electronic Office Systems”
The multiuser system automating processes of drawing up of the nomenclature of affairs, formations and registrations of affairs for their subsequent transfer to archive of the organisation, conducting and the account of archival affairs and documents. It provides removed (through the Internet/intranet) access of users to electronic images of affairs and documents with flexible differentiation of the rights (a subsystem “The reading room”). The product is compatible to system “Business” also it can be integrated with other systems of automation of office-work and electronic document management.
Let's consider a product “Shots” from “Electronic Office Systems”
System of the automated conducting the personnel information of the enterprises and the establishments, providing automation of all basic functions of the personnel account (conducting the list of staff, personal cards, business trips, holidays, the organic account, a reserve, formation and conducting orders on staff etc.). The system provides rigid differentiation of access rights and confidentiality of the personal data and is suitable to use in the organisations of any scale.
Let's consider the general tendencies and the Russian market
The universal tendency in the market of control facilities the corporate maintenance (Enterprise Content Management, ECM) – displacement of accents at use IT towards processing of not structured information that is defined, on the one hand, by growing possibilities of technologies, and with another – requirements of customers it is necessary for them to raise efficiency of activity of the enterprises. All it increases the importance of segment ECM in the IT-market.
Means ECM became today an integral part of information systems of the enterprises, moreover – all of them carry out crucial functions from the point of view of business is more often. The enterprises consider now the corporate systems as the uniform integrated complex into which enters four key subsystems: management of the IT-infrastructure, ERP-system, management of documents and a content, business analytics (drawing 1 see).
|Drawing 1 – The basic components of modern corporate information system|
To create such system it is possible only by integration of various functional components, as has predetermined an exit on in the lead positions so-called mega vendors – versatile manufacturers of a software at the heart of which business lies base software, mainly platform level.
The universal tendency in Russia amplifies that we, as a matter of fact, just now pass from the decision of problems of the account of documents (to that there corresponds in traditional understanding the term “management of document management”) to the full-scale automated work with documents and other corporate information, i.e. To the decision of problems ECM. This situation of a transition period defines interest and customers, and suppliers to questions of structurization of the market (from the functional and technological points of view), the analysis of offered products and decisions, a role on it of various groups of suppliers.
It is necessary to notice that popular in the beginning of decade a theme of discussions “The western suppliers against the Russian developers” at some instant began to seem irrelevant. In practice there was accurate enough watershed: the foreign companies deliver base platforms, and Russian act in a role of manufacturers of concrete decisions on their basis. However now the situation is represented not so unequivocal.
The matter is that in process of growth of functionality and scale of projects interest of customers is displaced from use of decisions to platforms. Simply speaking, to clients today it is important not only applied functionality of offered products, but also the possibilities of development put in system, integration, scalings, functionality expansions etc. Thus, the modern ECM-decision sees to the customer as multilevel system (drawing 2 see).
|Drawing 2 – Multilevel structure of the modern ECM-decision|
Change of an alignment of forces among the Russian players is substantially defined by that the part from them historically acted in a role of suppliers both own ECM-platforms, and concrete decisions on their basis, and other part – only as the developer of applied systems on the basis of foreign platforms. At the same time we see that at world mega vendors (IBM, Microsoft, Oracle) the sphere of interests, in turn, is constantly displaced from base software to deliveries of applied platforms. A consequence of this process – not only quite clear crossing of interests of foreign and domestic developers, but also potential possibility of occurrence of new groups of local manufacturers of applied ECM-decisions (on the basis of platforms).
Actually, we now observe this process and on an example of leading Russian developers of systems of the document management transforming of software in platforms and developing networks of partners which are engaged today any more only in introduction of ready decisions, but also creation of the systems on the basis of applied platforms.
1. Savchenko K. The Russian market of workflow systems: applied decisions//BYTE/Россия. – 2008. – #4/114 [http://www.bytemag.ru/articles/detail.php?ID=11895]
2. Kolesov A. What's happening in the market of document management//BYTE/Россия. – 2008. – #4/114 [http://www.bytemag.ru/articles/detail.php?ID=11890]
3. Wikipedia: System of automation of document managemen [http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/СЭД]
4. Wikipedia: Enterprise content management [http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/ECM_(бизнес)]
5. Pakhchanyan A., Romanov D. Software market: Review of electronic document management systems//Cnews. – 2002 [http://www.cnews.ru/reviews/index.shtml? 2002/05/17/140012]
The author: Челябэнергопроект
Comments of experts of Челябэнергопроект: