Given article is devoted designing timbered and balk constructions in system of information parametrical modelling of buildings AutoCAD Revit Architecture (the former name – Autodesk Revit Building).
Let's consider ways of designing
Creation timbered and balk constructions can be made in three ways.
The first way
– transformation of a wall in hinged and use as logs wall panels. It is not so convenient, as in this case it is possible to create a bar only rectangular section. The bar of a round profile can be received on a basis impost, but thus there will be complexities at an insert of cutting out elements (windows, doors etc.).
The second way
– creation of separate parametrical elements (logs) in the editor of families, their preservation as a skeleton and the subsequent assemblage of a building from them. This variant too is inconvenient – as well as in the first case, to cut windows and doors it is not obviously possible. Certainly, at packing of logs it is possible to leave apertures, then to create embedded in them a wall, and into it already to insert elements. But the meaning of concept of uniform system, that is information model of a building and consequently, such work is possible is thus lost, but is incorrect.
The third way
, in our opinion, the most correct and fast is a creation of a timbered wall by means of acting profiles directly in the course of editing of a wall or imposing of an architectural element “The acting profile (wall)”
. The given variant allows to create a wall from a bar of a profile of any form, to make a correct insert of windows and doors, to carry out bar calculation in specifications (knowing the sizes of walls and parametres of a profile of a bar, in the Specification of walls
can create additional calculated columns for calculation of lengths of logs and their quantity on a wall). And since 2008 version in Revit Architecture it is possible to make detailed calculation of the acting architectural profiles created by imposing on a wall ( Model-> An acting profile (a wall)
Let's consider in more details designing on the third way
1. Appointment of a profile of a bar in the course of editing of vertical structure of a wall
To begin with it is necessary to draw a bar profile. We open the editor of families, we draw a profile, we keep in library and it is loaded into the project (drawing 1).
Further we come into properties of a base wall (it is desirable that it was more thin a bar profile). We press Change/Create-> Copy
, we give the new name to a wall, then it is pressed Structure-> Change
, we include a window of viewing and we choose a kind – Cut: Edit attributes of type
after that editing buttons – Change of vertical structure
light up. We press the button Acting profiles
. In the opened window we add bar profiles to a wall, we choose for them a material; distance on which they will be rather each other ( = Value of current height from base + Value of height of a profile
), and we appoint it characteristics (they will cut out themselves a wall or the wall will be cut out in them (Cutting
or Cut out
)) – drawing 2.
As a result we have received “approximated” a wall bar work with which is carried out the same as and with usual standard walls (drawings 3 and 4).
2. Imposing of a profile of a bar by means of an architectural element
The given operation is carried out in the usual way: Model-> An architectural element-> An acting profile (wall)
. We create new type in family the Acting profile, in properties we choose a profile and a material, then on necessary distance from each other by means of a file we put profiles on a wall. In Revit Architecture 2008 there was a possibility in detail to count up the architectural elements created in such a way in specifications.
It is necessary to notice that universality and flexibility in realisation of ideas of the designer in Revit allow to achieve the same result in the various ways of application of toolkit of the program. It is necessary to solve only what of them in this or that situation is the most suitable.
Also it is necessary to notice that stage-by-stage introduction of technology of information modelling (BIM), realised in Autodesk Revit Architecture, occurs without infringement of the existing working processes based on AutoCAD or AutoCAD Architecture.
Thus, by means of Autodesk Revit Architecture it is possible to get rid of routine procedures of updating and to exclude coordination errors, simultaneously using AutoCAD or AutoCAD Architecture for the decision of the problems demanding a considerable quantity of qualified personnel. As a result you receive:
- economy of time,
- possibility to make decisions,
- new orders thanks to possibility of visualisation of your projects.
1. Rusin D. Design timbered and balk buildings in system AutoCAD Revit Architecture//CAD and a drawing, #6, 2007 [http://www.CAD.ru/article.aspx?id=17722&iid=820]
2. Autodesk – AutoCAD Revit Architecture Suite – possibilities [http://www.autodesk.ru/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=871736&id=12448650]
Comments of experts of Челябэнергопроект: