In given article the comparative review of ways of construction of information systems is resulted, and also the control system of design organisation TechnologiCS is described.
Let's consider some ways of construction of information systems
Let's consider the process approach
It is accepted to understand a chain of logically connected repeating actions which in common realise a certain business problem or the organisation purpose as business process. The modern process-oriented organisation is a set of specialised functional departments on the one hand, and set of business processes – with another. In each of departments separate functions of business processes are realised, and employees of such organisations besides classical functional submission submit within the limits of carried out business processes to corresponding owners of these processes.
It is necessary to recognise that for today many design (machine-building) organisations of Russia are function-oriented which structure unlike the process organisations has the vertical topology constructed according to carried out functions, and strict hierarchical subordination from top to down.
Lacks of such organisation is and absence of owners of the processes responsible for an end result, and presence of an involuntary destructive competition between divisions, and isolation of employees from an end result. Business processes of such organisations are segmented, that is exist within the limits of separately taken functional divisions, and efficiency of the functions which are carried out by separate structures, frequently is reached to the detriment of efficiency of all process. In such organisation interaction and information interchange between divisions are extremely complicated, attempt to introduce in the similar organisations information system by consecutive automation of separate functions leads at the best to impossibility to integrate the introduced functionality, and in the worst – to a project failure. Having spent considerable means, the design organisation does not receive expected return from investments.
At introduction of information systems in the function-oriented organisations rather sharp there is a problem of reorganisation of activity of the design organisation in a context of judgement and perfection of business processes. To change a situation and the process approach, that is application in the organisation of system of processes along with their identification and interaction, and also management of processes is called. Advantages of this approach become obvious at comparison of the process and functional organisation, and additional argument in its advantage is orientation to application of the process approach in quality management system.
Let's consider functional and process introduction IS
The functional or process can be and approaches to introduction of information systems. Thus essential distinctions of two different lines of thought are well appreciable already at a stage of preparation of the project of introduction.
If the design organisation is going to automate activity of separate employees or services (with reference to our subject domain speech, as a rule, goes about tools of some designers or technologists) it is available the functional approach: aspiration to automate separate functions of the design organisation. Best of possible results of such automation – reduction of time of performance and improvement of quality of these functions (in this case – workings out of the corresponding documentation). Thus from system usually it is required to provide to users a convenience maximum at performance of corresponding functions, and questions of further use of the arising information are removed on the second plan.
The much bigger effect can achieve, having applied the process approach and having carried out process introduction. As object of automation through business processes – hence in this case serve, at problem statement very important correctly to identify those from them which should be realised with use of information system. Certainly, the choice of automated processes should correspond to corporate strategy of increase of efficiency. The chosen business processes are exposed to the analysis and then are projected from the point of view of realisation in information system. At such approach it is reached synergic effect from automation of separate functions as in system joint activity of employees and organisation services will be organised. On the basis of the designed processes the volume of introduced functionality (a configuration of workplaces) which covers requirements of processes, and only is defined after that there is a realisation of the chosen processes in system.
The activity previous realisation, concerns a stage of preparation of the project of introduction. In case of functional introduction preparation occupies short time: at the initial stages the functional approach can bring fast result. Preparation of process introduction demands enough long time and more essential expenses – but this introduction provides the results of essentially other level repeatedly surpassing all possible advantages of the first variant.
Speaking about process introduction, it is necessary to mention the toolkit applied to modelling of business processes. The in itself process approach does not show special requirements to tools of the description and designing of business processes, however use of specialised tools instead of standard office programs has weight of conclusive advantages. Among set of the tool means presented in the market the most effective should recognise, perhaps, software product ARIS (this conclusion proves to be true the results of researches published Gartner Group in January, 2004). ARIS (Architecture of integrated Information Systems – the architecture of the integrated information systems) represents methodology and family of the software products developed by company IDS Scheer based on it. To give the flavour about ARIS, we will list its basic advantages:
- representation of business processes in the form of graphic models;
- presence of the uniform standard of modelling;
- orientation to the process approach;
- presence of the uniform repository (database), allowing to use in different diagrammes the same objects, combining the various points of view on the organisation;
- possibility of generation of various reports on the developed model – including the reports specially developed by the user;
- possibility of the organisation of teamwork in networks Internet and Intranet.
Besides, developer ARIS is the consulting company that means fast realisation of the program modules focused on use of new techniques, and the account of experience of advisers at the further development of system.
Let's consider information system and the process approach
Let's consider some typical cases of automation in the design organisation.
1. Absence of automation.
Departments of the design organisation use only paper documents. Receiving the information in the form of documents from an external world or from other divisions, they process it according to the functions, generating thus new documents which are entrance for other services or go to an external world.
The basic data carrier – the document, information processing has consecutive character.
2. In the design organisation the automated control system operates.
Along with direct use of paper documents (a case 1) the part from them is entered into system for the subsequent processing and reception of the summary information. The summary data (besides in the form of paper documents) is used by services-consumers of this information. At obvious advantages such way has so obvious lacks. It is enough to tell that the database of the design organisation is separated by documents from an information source (the designer, the technologist) and its consumer (services of MTS, planned, industrial divisions). Certain time is spent for information input – hence, level of an urgency of the data decreases, the probability of errors increases both at input, and at use of the data.
In this case, despite occurrence of the centralised storehouse of the information (database), character of business processes in comparison with the first variant practically does not vary. Remains invariable and consecutive character of processing of the information.
3. Variants with use of local means of automation.
When the design organisation separately automates those or other functions, there is a picture of so-called scrappy automation. Quality of realisation of these functions, undoubtedly, becomes above, time of their performance is reduced also, but results of work of local systems are embodied in a kind all the same documents. The way of processing of documents (does not vary also including at interaction with the automated control system), and it is absolutely unimportant, whether documents on a paper are deduced or there is an exchange of electronic files.
Use traditional PDM – and PLM-systems we will leave behind conversation frameworks is a theme of separate discussion. Especially, as it is already told, there are various treatments of the concept “the uniform information environment” and principles of the organisation of teamwork with the information...
What gives introduction of system TechnologiCS in respect of application of the process approach and perfection of business processes?
The uniform information environment of sources and information consumers first of all allows to change cardinally appointment of the paper document and to consider it not as a data carrier, and as the report generated on the basis of corresponding information object of a database. The paper document becomes the carrier of the legal status and represents a data set from the base, unpacked on the form. Thus the file (the electronic document) remains in the centralised electronic archive, being a system integral part, and contacts object of a database on which basis it has been received. Founders of the information (designers, technologists) and its consumers work with corresponding information object directly, having thus access to electronic documents within the limits of the rights given by it by system. The order of the organisation of work with documents at their use as data carriers and reports on a database is shown on schemes.
Let's list the basic advantages of considered mode of work – from the point of view of the organisation of processes:
1. Real teamwork with the information in most cases allows to pass from a consecutive way of processing of the information to the parallel. In other words, there is a possibility parallelize business process, it is essential to reduce terms of working out and to save time for such operations, as the coordination, the documentation statement, entering of design and technological changes.
2. Work in the uniform information environment does process transparent and operated; its each participant sees both result, and own role in process. The similar organisation of work allows to build within the limits of process of a chain of interaction of functional divisions and separate employees.
3. At designing of processes taking into account use of information system numbers of the documents in full or in part duplicating each other, and also documents which in general can be deduced from the use as the information containing in them can be received in much more effective way, as a rule, come to light.
4. The document received in the form of the report from a database and kept in archive, becomes a part of information base of the design organisation and its intellectual property. It reduces influence of the human factor, and also risk of distortion or information loss.
Unfortunately, listed pluses of similar mode of work with the information create certain problems at introduction of information systems. Functional divisions (departments) of the design organisation usually prefer to put things in order in the functional area and are not inclined to become a part big whole. The division aspires to perfect and improve own functions, not too reflects on efficiency of all process and without special enthusiasm perceives necessity of reorganisation of activity according to requirements of optimisation of business processes:
Principles on which modern information systems are based, assume the organisation of joint activity of employees of the design organisation and are expression of the process approach. Accepting the process approach, the design organisation by all means should accept the concept of process introduction and agree with it. Otherwise the project will be doomed to failure from the very first steps.
It is known that ideal systems do not happen – and system TechnologiCS, despite its continuous perfection and fast development, in this sense not an exception. At introduction it imposes some restrictions on ways of realisation of processes, therefore designing of processes “as should be” it appears the inevitable compromise between requirements of process and system possibilities. It is important that TechnologiCS it is capable to provide the through, not segmented realisation of processes of design and technological preparation of manufacture, and also an effective utilisation of the data for the decision of problems of industrial planning and the account, thus providing process automation as a whole.
Generally the project of process introduction of information system includes following stages:
- Project preparation;
- Conceptual designing;
- Final preparation;
- Commissioning and support.
At a preparation stage project standards are defined (including standards of modelling of business processes), modelling of business processes « is carried out; as is”. Detail of study of model and resources necessary for it are appreciably defined by a condition of the design organisation.
The following stage assumes designing of business processes “as should be” from the point of view of realisation of processes in information system. To receive optimum result at the minimum expenditures of labour application of the referential models also named reference models or models-prototypes allows.
At the same stage the detailed volume of the project is specified, roles of end users in a binding to carried out functions of business process are defined.
The realisation stage includes performance of corresponding adjustment of system on the basis of model of business processes “as should be” and also creation of the process-oriented training courses and the user documentation.
During final preparation the process-oriented training of users and testing of the business processes realised in system is made.
Commissioning and the subsequent support are accompanied by constant monitoring of the introduced business processes. Are analyzed “narrow” places, are carried out user support and continuous perfection of processes.
Within the limits of this article we will be limited to the review of first two stages of introduction of system on Novosibirsk factory of chemical concentrates.
Let's consider a stage project preparations
Working out of the standard of modelling of business processes and document preparation « became the major part of this stage; Agreements on modelling”. The document contains the list, properties, name rules, the description of interrelation of diagrammes and the objects used for modelling of business processes, and also graphic notations applied at modelling. Agreements on modelling define the necessary and sufficient subset of methodology ARIS providing achievement of the purposes of modelling, and eliminate the risks connected with misunderstanding, arising between the customer and the executor.
Interviewing of experts and studying of the standard documentation of the design organisation allows to create model of business processes “as is”. The model created with use of tools ARIS, has provided examination carrying out then the introduction group together with experts of the design organisation has formulated offers on perfection of business processes. We will notice that model creation “as is” already in itself allows to understand many advantages and weaknesses of existing business processes, so also an essence of necessary changes:
Let's consider conceptual designing
This phase begins with working out of the referential model describing functionality and information objects of system TechnologiCS taking into account requirements of the document “Agreements on modelling”. Working out of such model allows formalized to approach to the decision of a problem of designing of processes “as should be” taking into account real possibilities of system also has considerably simplified performance of works of the given stage.
Further designing of business processes is carried out “as should be”.
The document “The transition plan to processes as should be” – in drawing.
TechnologiCS can be divided functions into three groups:
I. Design preparation:
- drawing up and conducting specifications;
- conducting a tree of applicability of details and assembly units;
- tracing of completeness of filling of specifications of the project;
- conducting archive of specifications (copying, addition, removal);
- conducting library of drawings;
- reception of summary specifications on a product of any complexity.
II. Technological preparation:
- designing of technological processes for details of any complexity and various kinds of manufacture;
- viewing in a graphic kind of sketches of the tool, accessories, the equipment;
- calculation of modes of cutting;
- rationing of the basic and auxiliary materials;
- calculation of operational labour input;
- designing of technological processes of assemblage (with use of archive of specifications);
- conducting archive of technological processes (copying, addition, removal);
- maintenance of through technological process by working out of its separate fragments from different workplaces;
- reception more than thirty kinds of technological documents with possibility of selection of the information included in this or that document. Designing of routeing, route-operating and operational technological processes;
- drawing up of own documents containing both design, and the technological information.
- explode specifications;
- calculation of requirement for the materials, the specified labour input, the cost price of a product, requirement for standard products and accessories, cyclograms of assemblages;
- formation of a card of assemblage of knot or a product;
- reception of summary design-technological documents;
- calculations of applicability of the equipment, materials, shop/site nomenclatures.
Let's consider adjustment TechnologiCS for realisation of processes of design and technological preparation of production
System TechnologiCS possesses ample opportunities of adjustment of electronic technical document circulation for the design organisation: kinds of used documents are individually adjusted; their attributes; check/coordination routes in divisions; statuses which get documents in the course of routeing, and accessible actions over documents in these statuses; kinds of communications of documents among themselves; kinds of signatures, roles of users in working groups and corresponding access depending on a role etc. Besides, TechnologiCS allows to create the user functions (scripts) expanding possibilities of system, flexibly arranging it under possible variants of application when to use the standard interface not so conveniently. For example, it is possible to form own configurations (form) for different users, automatically to fill some fields of created record, immediately to check the entered information on conformity to the stipulated templates for the given mode, automatically to create communications between objects, etc. Created communications provide fast search and convenient access to the necessary information from various modes, and checks will reduce quantity of erroneous records. Use of scripts for automation of some actions at work in system TechnologiCS allows to toughen requirements to entering of the data and rules of their record and by that to raise informative of databases.
The basic options which are responsible for realisation of processes of electronic technical document circulation in system TechnologiCS, settle down in so-called auxiliary directories. These directories, as a rule, are adjusted once and further change only at changes of processes in the design organisation:
1. “kinds of documents” – contains kinds of electronic documents used in the design organisation with their attributes, check/coordination routes;
2. “attributes” – contains the list of possible attributes for electronic documents;
3. “types of files” – contains types of used files with adjustment for each type of commands corresponding to it and external appendices of output agents;
4. “ways of processing of documents” – contains templates of routes according to which there is a change of the status of the document in the course of electronic document circulation;
5. “statuses” – contains all possible statuses which the document in electronic archive, with adjustment of accessible actions over the document in each status can have;
6. “kinds of communications of documents” – contains the list of possible communications which can be established between versions of documents;
7. “kinds of signatures” – contains the list of every possible kinds of signatures which can be put down on the document in the course of various checks and coordination;
8. “working groups” – contains the list of working groups. Working groups unite users with various roles at work with the same documents. The role carried out in working group defines access rights of the user to the given document, for example, viewing of the document and prostanovka/cancellation of the corresponding signature;
9. “roles” – contains the list of roles with the adjusted templates of the rights;
10. “templates of the rights” – contains the list of templates of the rights with the adjusted possible actions over the document;
11. “help tables” – depending on department of the developer, a document and object kind which it concerns, contain data for automatic placing of the document in electronic archive (are used at creation of documents by means of corresponding scripts);
12. “skriptovye modules” – contains modules with specially developed scripts. Such scripts consisting of consistently caused standard actions, upon termination of work provide creation of the necessary interconnected records in various modes of system, without allowing the user to forget to make all necessary.
Let's consider management of the information in electronic archive TechnologiCS
Documents of electronic archive can be divided into the cores and managing directors. The technical information is stored in the basic documents (drawings, specifications, technical processes, technological instructions) and they have versions (change 1, change 2 etc.). Operating documents (notices) contain the information on character of changes in the basic technical documentation, conditions and the period of action of the given changes. Thus, the notice acts in a role of the document operating a condition of objects connected with it which can be both versions of the basic technical documentation, and versions of objects of a database (electronic specifications and electronic technical processes) or that and another simultaneously.
Electronic document circulation is based on work of users with notices and the technical documentation connected with them. After preparation of changes in documents the developer appends on the corresponding notice the kind signature “Has developed”. Then checking the notice about necessity of check of the notice and the documents connected with it comes. In the absence of remarks corresponding notices subscribe. We will notice that in case of the consent with the first version of the document (with the original without changes) subscribes corresponding “The notice 0”. Thus, in this case “The notice 0” is possible to consider as electronic analogue of sheet of the coordination which in the course of traditional paper document circulation accompanies the new document. At the statement of versions of documents which correspond to concrete changes.
Let's consider working out of documents in electronic archive TechnologiCS
Some functions for work with electronic documents can be realised in the form of scripts. We will consider more in detail appointment of each script and the data which are created in system after successful end of its work (on an example of working out of documents of the working design documentation).
Before introduction of electronic archive in the design organisation, of course, already there is a set of documents, many of which have been repeatedly changed. Therefore, first of all, it is required to place correctly them in electronic archive, i.e. to create current images of documents and corresponding notices with the organisation of communications between them. Thus to place all notices and versions of documents there is no necessity (as in traditional practice when changes are brought directly in the paper original, versions at documents simply do not exist). Followed include in electronic archive only operating and actual by the current moment images of documents and notices corresponding to them. For this purpose it is necessary to develop a script “Creation of document on AI”: the system requests a notice designation, the information on technical documentation and number of last change which have been carried out under this notice, and then automatically creates the notice on change and the technical documentation connected with it. The user adds the files of the document developed earlier in the version of the basic document, and a file with the notice – in the electronic document of a kind “The notice on change”. Files can contain as originals of documents (if they exist), and their electronic images, i.e. the scanned images.
For all new documents placed in electronic archive from the first version (corresponding without changes), for developers it is necessary to write to the original a script “Creation of document from zero”. Thus the system automatically creates and places in the necessary section of archive the kind document “The notice 0”. Designations for such notices are generated by system automatically. Then the technical documentation is created, its version (according to the stipulated template) which contacts the notice automatically is called. Both documents contact a detail or assembly unit which they concern. The document file is added in the version of the basic document or developed directly in electronic archive.
Let's consider modification of documents of electronic archive TechnologiCS
In need of entering into documents of changes the script « is used; Creation of notice on changes of design documentation” (for change of documents under the notice on change) or a script “Creation of PI of design documentation” (for carrying out of preliminary changes in documents).
The developer starts a script in which the system requests a notice designation, the list of documents varying on this notice and the list of the documents cancelled by the notice. While the notice is in working out, these lists can be changed. Then the notice and new versions of technical documentation taking into account the brought changes is created actually. The notice contacts corresponding versions of technical documentation operating communication, and with documents which are cancelled at introduction in action of the given notice, – cancelling communication.
Let's consider document circulation in archive TechnologiCS
After creation of the project of the document it is necessary to collect all necessary signatures. At once we will notice that variants of various combinations of kinds of signatures on documents set. Among them, of course, there is a standard set (“Has developed” “Has checked up” “N.control” “Has confirmed”), without which any technical documentation and which is better for adding by default in a template of a route of the document does not manage. However there are also specific kinds of signatures, and even within the limits of one group of documents of the project and even for documents of one kind the set of such signatures can essentially differ. And it is no wonder, as contents of this set directly depend on the information presented in the document. For example, the drawing of assembly unit contains welding seams so, the document statement is impossible without the coordination with service of the Main welder and the master of a welding site in shop. Hence, the decision on that, it is necessary or the certain signature on the document is not necessary, is accepted by the person. But to impose on the developer additional not functions of editing of a route of the document peculiar to it as practice has shown, unproductively.
To the users which signatures are required on the document, the notice on necessity of check, i.e. the covering letter with an investment of the operating document (notice) goes. After viewing of the notice and the versions of technical documentation connected with it, electronic specifications and technical processes the user in case of the consent appends the signature. Signatures can gather consistently, in parallel or in parallel-is consecutive depending on a route which is automatically formed by system according to the confirmed list.
Responsible for change of the status of the document logically to make the developer, as the interested person.
If though one of the checking does not agree with the document, it sends the developer the letter with instructions of the revealed errors, offers and remarks on which basis document completion is made. Thus the document comes back the developer in the status “In working out” as in any other status it will be accessible only on reading. Besides, if the notice is connected, for example, also with the electronic specification it too is blocked on editing. If necessary to bring editing in the yet not confirmed versions of documents and objects of a database to the developer also it is required to return them in the status “In working out”. The information on the one who and when has changed the status, remains in a database.
When the document has passed all checks and coordination, is confirmed, registered and installed, to translate it in the status “In working out” it is already impossible. For entering into operating documents of changes it is necessary to create new versions and to co-ordinate corresponding AI. Certainly, it is more logical to charge transfer of the document into completion besides to the developer, instead of checking as the developer solves, to change the project of the document or not to change, and also makes the additional explanations promoting acceptance of this variant and-or change of other project of the document.
Use of electronic document circulation at stages of checks and coordination essentially accelerates process of working out of the document in comparison with traditional paper document circulation:
- The developer is relieved of necessity personally to bypass departments the design organisations which territorially can be far apart;
- It is not required to create superfluous copies for dispatch of the project of the document in divisions though if necessary each user can unpack the document;
- Dialogue between the developer and checking can be carried out in a mode of real time by means of post service of system TechnologiCS or any other communication facility;
- Editing and discussion of the new project of the document can be carried out directly after receipt of remarks.
Let's consider normative control and electronic document circulation
If advantages of use of electronic document circulation in comparison with paper at check/coordination stages are obvious, at validation phases and normative control as practice shows, they are not shown in any way. First, work with the document here is conducted in strict sequence according to Common system for design documentatio. Secondly, signatures normative controler and confirming have a validity only on the paper original, therefore to put down them at first on the electronic document in a database, and then on the corresponding paper carrier (or on the contrary) is means to duplicate the same actions and in addition to load the personnel.
According to GOST 2.111-68 (Amendment N 3), one of problems normative control is observance in the design documentation of norms, requirements and the rules established in standards of Common system for design documentation and in other standard documents. Thus, at carrying out normative control it is checked not only the maintenance, but also document registration. Realisation of normative control the electronic original document causes certain difficulties.
First, the electronic image of the document reproduced on the screen of the monitor of the developer of the document, can not correspond to an electronic image on the monitor screen normative controler because of:
- options of the permission and a colour palette of the screen;
- versions of the used software and compatibility of formats of storage of the information;
- personal options of the software;
- uses of non-standard styles and fonts;
- options of the given workplace for the concrete printer.
Secondly, registration of the electronic original can correspond to necessary norms, and the print received from it – is not present because of:
- software versions;
- the established drivers and printer fonts;
- technical possibilities of the printer;
- the adjusted current scale of the printer.
Thus, the digital signature normative controler cannot replace original and consequently, it does not need to be put down in the course of electronic document circulation.
On the paper carrier it is necessary to put and the signature confirming as it finishes process of working out and gives to a paper a validity.
So, gathering of all checking/soglasujushchih signatures of the document is carried out on its electronic original by means of electronic document circulation. Then the developer on the workplace unpacks a file from electronic archive and bears it normative controler which carries out normative control paper document which has already become by the original and it vises.
According to GOST 2.111-68 (Amendment N 3) normative control design documents is recommended to be spent in originals in the presence of all signatures of the persons responsible for their maintenance and performance, except the confirming signature of the head of the organisation. Thus “the documentation confirmed by the head of the organisation, normative controler vises before transfer on the statement and signs in the established place after the statement”.
Introduction of electronic document circulation – process difficult enough and stretched in time. It is impossible to replace suddenly traditional document circulation in all departments of the design organisation. Any period of time both approaches should co-exist. At this time there is a necessity for carrying over on the paper document of all original signatures on the basis of the report “The report of the electronic coordination:” from a database. To see the list of signatures and history of working out of the document the user (checking) can in electronic archive TechnologiCS. In further, after introduction of electronic document circulation at check/coordination stages, it will be possible to refuse formal petition checking and matching the document of persons and in the original to collect only necessary, provided by standards, contracts and other standard documents of the signature, avoiding duplication and accelerating process of working out of the document.
Thus, by the time of writing signatures confirming on the paper original exists two information objects: the document in electronic archive with digital signatures checking/soglasujushchih and the document on the paper carrier with the same structure of original signatures and the visa of normative controler. Then according to Common system for design documentatio the original signed confirming and normative controler, surrenders in archive, and the corresponding electronic document normative controler translates in the status “On the account”. So the identical condition of electronic and paper carriers of the identical information is provided.
Let's consider the account of documents and information actualisation in electronic archive
The separate information on the document which is in working out, cannot be brought in a database (for example, document accession number, statement date on the inventory account etc.). However nevertheless it is expedient to bring in a card of its electronic document. Further it will help to find quickly the original, and also to connect electronic archive with the paper.
Therefore after standard statement on the account of the paper original the worker of archive brings corresponding attributes in a card of the electronic document. The status “On the account” it is adjusted in such a manner that to the user having a role “The worker of archive” editing of attributes of the document is accessible. Then the considered copies of documents are dispatched on divisions, and corresponding electronic documents are translated in the status “Operates”.
Thus commissioning of any notice automatically activates all versions of the technical documentation connected with it operating communication, and to previous active versions the status is appropriated “does not operate”. The documents connected with the notice by cancelling communication, accordingly, receive the status “does not operate” as well as all versions of the technical documentation connected with them.
Thus, in electronic archive in a mode of real time the actual information with which all users having corresponding access at any moment can familiarise is supported.
Let's consider advantages TechnologiCS at use as system of electronic document circulation
For today in anybody do not cause doubts of advantage of use of the data from the centralised storehouses of the electronic documents providing:
- constant access of users to the staticized information;
- the simple control of access and brought changes;
- possibility if necessary to unpack necessary quantity of copies;
- effective cancellation of out-of-date documents.
electronic archive TechnologiCS following possibilities in addition open:
- fast search of necessary documents;
- effective access to documents and corresponding notices;
- Access possibility to all documents changed and cancelled by the given notice;
- Access possibility to objects (to details and assembly units) through documents and, on the contrary, through objects to documents of electronic archive.
- tracing of all changes brought in any document from the moment of its occurrence in electronic archive;
- access to electronic specifications and technical processes of details and assembly units for reception of corresponding documents by generation of the report from a database;
- tracing and an operational administration a condition of the developed document at check and the coordination.
For heads of projects
- Possibility of operative reception of the information on a condition of each document of the project without necessity of the reference to executors or foreign matching to persons.
For the design organisation
as legal person:
- accumulation of the intellectual capital of the design organisation;
- the centralised protected storage of the information and management of access to it;
- support of an urgency of the information with preservation of history of its working out;
- traceability of changes of documents from the version to the version;
- the organisation of collective parallel work with documents.
It is possible to draw following conclusions:
- the greatest effect from use of information system can be received, directly connecting problems of its introduction with application of the process approach, that is carrying out process introduction;
- modelling of business processes most effectively with application of specialised tools and checked up methodologies;
- that introduction of information system became essentially possible, it is necessary at a stage of decision-making and preparation for introduction to carry out a number of the actions concerning both the analysis of a situation in the design organisation, and the analysis of the most information system;
- the serious volume of a spadework is necessary for successful introduction of system;
- the design organisation should start process of introduction of system, having all necessary knowledge in following areas:
– the formalized description of a situation in which the design organisation was before introduction,
– the formalized description of the target situation formed as a result of introduction,
– well-founded volume of the financial resources necessary on acquisition of licences of the software,
– the well-founded volume of expenditures of labour necessary for realisation of all project; terms of carrying out of these works,
– well-founded volume of financial resources which are necessary for spending for attraction of external advisers,
– well-founded volume of the internal manpower occupied within the limits of the project.
All it allows to develop the detailed plan of introduction of information system and to optimise the resources necessary for transition of the design organisation to process-oriented character of activity.
1. Tchilingarov K, Shtejnbreher A. TechnologiCS//CADmaster, #5 (5), 2000
2. Dokuchayev D., Kamennova M., Novozhilov O. Introduction of information system as a way of perfection of business processes of the enterprise//CADmaster, #1 (26), 2005
3. Beans P. Electronic document circulation in TechnologiCS: results of introduction at the large enterprise//CADmaster, #3 (33), 2006
The author: Челябэнергопроект
Comments of experts of Челябэнергопроект: